My first journal entry, I plan to do this every week.
Get familiar with ReasonML
I was looking for the right language to learn, I started to learn Rust, Elm, Typescript, and others. But last week My friend introduced me to ReasonML, and it just clicked.
(I will write a post on why I choose it.)
So I decided to re-build CreateCamp.co with it.
Building CreateCamp.co With ReasonML
I had 4 main requirements for CreateCamp.co website.
- Should be Server-Side Rendering - SEO.
- Should use React.js newest version - The one with the hooks :)
- Should use Tailwind CSS - Love it, so easy to build great design with it.
- Should be easy to build and maintain :)
I was working on a little library that does SSR with React a few weeks ago, and it was a great start to accomplish 3 of my requirements.
ReasonML have a library for React call reason-react, but its uses React version ~15.4, and I wanted to use the alpha version of React. I think that hooks are the future of the framework, so why not using it right now.
ReasonML solved requirement 4, it's a great language with a strong type system and functional approach, but give you many escape hatches if you get stuck.
Continues Delivery / Integration with GitLab
I'm writing a blog post about it(WIP).
Making New Friends in The Community
I published CreateCamp manifesto on Wednesday, and wrote about it on Maker's Kitchen Slack. The post was a success. I get to talk with two Makers Jean-Elie Barjonet and Sunny Singh. About how they are building their audience and what they are struggling with. It's always a pleasure to meet new people.
- I want to publish my first Reason bindings. It's going to be a binding of react-fetch-hook.
- Talk to more Makers about CreateCamp, and how they are building their audience.
- Working on CreateCamp website, design and copy.
- Finish writing CI/CD with GitLab blog post.